Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Another Not-a-blog

I'm going to fall out of my chair. I cannot talk about the octopus today. It is so hot and sticky in the world. I moved back to the original apartment yesterday, and the air conditioner isn't quite as effective at this place. Too hot to sleep very well, and dreaming that I can't remember my lines in Romeo and Juliet doesn't help. I have a million numbers for bouton intensity that I need to run through some calculations. By eye, I'm not impressed with the effects of any drugs on the exo/endo pool. But just today I learned that I should sonicate my drug-containing buffer to be sure the DMSO gets into solution. Maybe I was told that before, but I have discovered that we really only communicate to a certain level here. The exclamations of "Yes!" do not necessarily mean that is the answer to my question, it just means that my voice registered to the hearer. It is as frustrating for them to try and answer my questions in English as it is for me to understand what they are telling me. Sigh. After a few homesick tears into the microscope I told my larva that he had served his master well and would be rewarded and then I smeared him onto a kim-wipe. I don't know why that cheered me up, but it did and I have only 29 days to go and can reap the benefits of bacteria-free preparations from here on out. I had four preparations in a row today that did not float up, so maybe my new wacky pinning technique will also ensure greater success.

Well I guess that sort of was a blog. But I really need to make some spaghetti so I will stop. I freaked a little boy out at the grocery store yesterday. He was backing his bike up and didn't know I was standing there, so when he turned around to see what he ran into I got to watch him jump out of his skin. Hehe. I will miss being a foreigner when I get home. I feel so special.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home