Friday, July 22, 2005

Kendo, I saw

Last night, Kendo, I saw, when convenience store to I went. They wear scary looking masks which are especially scary when they are looking out the window at the foreigner looking in the window.

http://kendo.greywolves.org/images/kendo-kansi-front.png

http://hcs.harvard.edu/~kendo/details.php?id=kendohist

Also from the Harvard wesite:

kendo is composed of the two kanji characters ken, which means "sword", and do, which translates into "way". Literally, kendo means "the way of the sword." It is a traditional Japanese sword art that was originally developed and practised by bushi, or samurai. Modern kendo originates from the various schools of sword fighting techniques developed over hundreds of years of combat and study. The goal of kendo is not only to develop the physical ability for fighting, but also the moral and spiritual aspects of rigorous and disciplined training.

"The concept of kendo is to discipline the human character
through the application of the principles of the katana.

The purpose of practising kendo is:
To mold the mind and body,
To cultivate a vigorous spirit,
And through correct and rigid training,
To strive for improvement in the art of kendo;
To hold in esteem human courtesy and honor,
To treat others with sincerity,
And to forever pursue the cultivation of oneself.

Thus, one will be able
To love his country and society,
To contribute to the development of culture,
And to promote peace and prosperity among all people."

From the All-Japan Kendo Federation


Other news... hmm. My scientific experiences are very normal these days and that leaves me with little to talk about. Watashi no hasami ga kowareta. Ima, Kuromi-sensei no hasami o tsukau, demo hasami ga chigau. Meaning, "I my scissors I damaged. Now, Dr. Kuromi's scissors I use, but scissors are different." Hence I've been doing dissection practice for a while but I believe I can control them now and can tear into some more experiments. Many larvae died to give you this information.

Also, beware the reality of the Matrix. This computer has suddenly learned to speak English on my blog site.

Oh how I miss my puppy-dog. I will not leave him for this long again, science or no science!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home