Thursday, June 30, 2005

Looking for volcanos

Typing with one hand here and prying eyeballs open with the other... periodically my brain just shuts down. Between larvae today I looked out the lab window for a while and was amazed at how hazy it was. Was it fog? Pollution? While staring Atsuko walked by and asked if I had noticed the smoke, and she said she didn't know what it was, maybe a volcano. A volcano! Whoa. I walked out of the lab to see Dr. Kuromi headed for the door with binoculars and so I followed him to find the whole lab out on the deck staring at the smoked world and wondering what it was. Atsuko said that a volcano had cause the big Niigata earthquake last year and so she wondered if that was happening again. Hmm. There was nothing to be seen with the binoculars and we all went back to work. I can catch the Japanese news tonight and figure out what it was. Ha.

Still working on language skills. I had some interesting "safety beef" on rice for dinner (people are extremely careful about beef here, so the place Atsuko and I went to was known to have Australian beef and they call it safety beef). It was very good so I said "Oshi-oshi" meaning "good-good" but pronouced it wrong and said "cow-cow." I suppose that did apply to the situation.

Gotta get home and find my brain. I think it's in my pillow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home