Monday, June 20, 2005

The long long plane ride

Well the first thing I did on the plane was notice how huge it was and then fall asleep again. I think there were 12 seats across. I sat next to an old Chinese man who also fell asleep a lot and sometimes fell over on my shoulder, but whatever. He seemed nice. I woke up about 2 hours into the flight and looked out the window expecting to see ocean, but it was land still! The cool T.V. showed the flight path as going up along CA and over Alaska before hitting water so I was glad to see that I was still on the right flight. One of the flight attendents then brought me an incredible plate of food that was so incredible I just stared at it wondering how much I was supposed to pay for it. But the old Chinese man knew what was going on and put my table down for me as I guess he figured I didn't know how it worked. The food was a big bowl of noodle something, soup, salad, fruit, sushi and dessert. I'm used to a microscopic bag of pretzels so I was understandably confused. It was good and I lost some of my fear of Japanese food. People came by every couple of hours with more food and eventually the stewardess just filled up my water bottle for me instread of making repeated trips for a glass of water. I think I drank a liter on the flight over.

It was cool seeing Alaska, Brie and Christy, I have pictures you have to I.D.! It looked like a bunch of weird mudpits. We hit water then and there wasn't much to see. Hitch and Million Dollar Baby were playing so I wasted 4 hours watching them. Million Dollar Baby is disturbing creepy and sad, and Hitch is funny but the girl was very annoying. The cute story was the fat guy and the actress, what-her-name's issues were boring. There's Janel's movie review for you. I hope Star Wars is on for the trip back. The only other thing that was interesting in the flight was coming out of the bathroom and some tall old guy was standing by the door and told me that I wasn't so tall. That came out of nowhere and I had to wonder about it for a while. When we were getting off the plane he said hello again so I asked him why he said that and he said it was because he had tall daughtersand was good at guessing height. Interesting. To each his own.

Flying into Japan was awesome. My face was cracking from smiling so much. The land is so different, even from way up in the air I could see the rice fields. I have pictures, but uploading them onto this computer is too difficult. When we landed I finally talked to the Chinese man (we were both awake at the same time for once) and he told me he created gems and sold them all over the world, then he gave me his businesscard. Well I had that one all practiced up. I took it with both hands and stared at both sides, told him how nice it was, thanked him over and over again, then had a great next few minutes trying to hold it respectfully with one hand up in the air while I dug around in my very deep backpack with my other arm looking for the little pocket I had stuck my businesscards in. I dug and I dug, but eventually the old man stood up to get his bags and I had to give up in defeat. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home