Monday, June 20, 2005

Catching up... trying to get to Japan

As expected, I spent the night packing. I finished everything in time to load the car and leave, but at the end of the road realized I had forgotton my pillow. Annette drove like the wind and we got the pillow and flagged down the bus as it was leaving the Harmony stop. Then I couldn't remember where my plane ticket was as I was getting on the bus, and ran back to the car to find it stuck in the pages of the phone book I was using to call the bus people. By some great miracle I made it to Denver on time and finally crashed on the plane to wake up coming into L.A. Big airport! Not good for braindead people to walk around loose in! I heard that terminal no. 41 was going to Tokyo-Narita, so I found a chair to wait an hour and realize that in the waiting area I was already the only American. After 45 minutes of waiting and not understanding why class groupings for boarding the airplane were being called in numbers when mine was a letter, I noticed the flight number on the screen was not the same on my ticket. Well drat. Wrong terminal. The lady at the desk pointed to the hallway and said to go left, so I did and got into another line where two guys in the line said that I was in the right line. 15 minutes later I got to the front of the line and a guy looked at my ticket and told me I was in the wrong line and he pointed to the hallway and said to go left. Go left where? Hmm, out of the building and across the street and through security again for Japan airlines. When I got to their front desk I told them I had no idea where to go and was afraid I was going to miss my flight, and she just smiled very calmly and told me that it was okay, I should just go to another hallway she was pointing at and turn left. I was pretty sure that wasn't going to work, but every time I got to a point where I didn't know which way to turn I looked up to see a smiling Japanese angel man laughing and pointing which way to go. He got me to the right line at last and I saw a couple of people from D.C. waiting in the same line. The little angel-man was at the front taking tickets when I got there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home